Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Overcomer

Time flies! I can't believe it's March already.

I know a lot of things have changed.  Pre-transplant, I thought that was "it". You know, the "end." Now, I could see hope and future. It may be premature to say such things since I am only on Day +52, but I am feeling a lot better physically and emotionally. Of course there are days my fears swallow me and send me to depression, but I try my best to fight back.

This Friday, March 7, is a big day. I will have a bone-marrow biopsy and have my hickman port removed. I am both nervous and excited about going home. I will truly miss my doctors and nurses on the fourth floor, as my care will be transferred to my primary oncologist. I won't be on a 24-hour watch anymore, so this will take some adjustments when I'll get settled at home.

I used to be better with words, but these days words fail me and I'm better at bottling my thoughts inside. I don't know if it's the fear of opening or being misunderstood. I guess I'll have to sit tight and wait for words to flow naturally once again.

And to anyone who is going through the toughest times of their lives, this song is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.