Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day +68: Thoughts

And the sun came out...

It's been cold and grey the past few days. I've been missing the warmth and light of the sun, but today, I'm so happy because the skies are blue and the sun shone all day. The trees are still bare, but after a cold and menacing winter, hope springs eternal - the Cherry Blossom on the front yard is full of buds.

Sometimes, I still wonder why "this" happened to me, but I know now that, that is a useless question. During my hospital stay, I've seen children as young as three getting chemo and radiation and the elderly going through the same process I went through. I mean, what did a three-year-old do to deserve and endure such pain and suffering? I've realized that it is not the things we do or believe in that cause these things, but suffering as well as happiness are a part of life. Without both, life won't have meaning at all.

Every person's journey is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.