Friday, February 28, 2014

Day +48: Seven Days To Go

At last, some good news!

My nurse practitioner came today with some good news. My viral infection is gone, and that I can go home on Friday, March 7. My husband and I were relieved and elated.

Of course there's a catch, there's always a catch.

I have to go through another bone-marrow biopsy; I think this is now my 10th biopsy. I did asked to be sedated though. In addition, they'll also "take out" or should I say "pull out" the hickman catheter on my chest. I'm a bit nervous about how they're going to pull this catheter out. Just thinking about it makes me shiver.

Today, I start my countdown. Seven days to go.

2 comments:

  1. hang in there. it's a big victory to be able to go home to the safety and comforts of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do. i can't wait to go home. thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.