Monday, December 30, 2013

Home Away From Home

Today, I feel conflicted, angry, sad, tearful… I never thought all these emotions could be felt at once.

My husband and I have checked-in at the Hackerman-Patz Patient and Family Pavilion. A mixed of raw emotions came over me as we entered our apartment. I couldn't help but cry. I asked, "How did we ever get here?"

Our apartment is very small - a kitchenette, a combined living room and dining room and two twin beds in the bedroom, but we'll make do for the time being. We're lucky to have a place to stay while I undergo treatment. At least, my husband will have a place to clean-up, rest and relax while I'll be confined at the hospital for three days.

The lady at the front desk handed my husband a small but meaningful welcome package, and I really appreciate it. In tough times, even the tiniest gesture of kindness means a lot. The welcome package is from the Kara Foundation. Thank you, Kara Foundation!

The welcome package - toiletries, snacks, bottled water, lip gloss, sweets and a stationery set. 

Included in the package is this book, Healing Light, full of encouraging poetry and colorful illustrations and a stationery set to write my own poetry as well.

Tomorrow, I have another day of transfusions. After my infusion, we will be driving home to Damascus to spend New Year's Eve with my parents. Then drive back to Baltimore to start my treatment on New Year's Day, January 1st.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Kayni ... sending loads of hugs and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayni you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there my dear.

    Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.