Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day +138: Rainy Days And Steroids

Today, I am day +138.

Recovery is going well except for this annoying mild skin graft-vs-host disease (GVHD). It's mild but the itchiness is annoying. I am not looking forward to the summer heat and humidity because the past two humid days, my skin was so itchy and I was miserable.

Last week, my doctor decided to put me on a low dose of Prednisone to treat my skin GVHD. I've been taking it for six days and it's really helping with the skin rash and itchiness. I really don't want to be on steroids for a long time, as it makes me feel crappy, but since this is a low dose, it's very well tolerable. I am hoping this will really help with my skin GVHD.

Although I am taking a low dose of Prednisone, I've noticed that my vision has been blurry. Also, my head feels fuzzy and heavy most of the time. I am not so sure if these symptoms are from the steroids or just allergies. My major concern now is getting this skin GVHD treated.

Well, it's a short update from me. Most days, I feel close to normal, but I am taking things slowly. My hair is slowly growing, and my appetite is slowly getting better. Although there are many things I can't eat yet, I am happy that my taste buds are almost back to normal. Life can be miserable when your taste buds are out of whack.

It's rainy. No matter what the weather's like, I am thankful.

Today is a good day to bake some Chocolate and Apricot Squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.