Friday, October 4, 2013

New Normalcy

It has been a struggle to find some type of normalcy in my life these days.

I'm still struggling, but every day, I find something that helps ease my pain and discomfort. At first, I cried a lot. I still cry to let out the fear and stress, but now I've been finding more and more inspiration to fight back.

How do you find peace in times of turmoil?
  • Prayers: Whenever fear comes knocking, I slam the door of prayer and faith. I learned to trust Him, and that He has good plans for me.
  • Family & Friends: I talk to family and friends. I cry on my husband's shoulder. I write letters and send cards to feel that there's a connection, that I am not alone in this fight.  Facebook? Yes, I write and chat with my friends on FB a lot.
  • Read: I ditched the serious books and started reading light-hearted and positive books. I even picked up children's books because they contain lessons on hope, happiness and kindness.
  • Write: Whenever I feel inspired, I write on my journal. Writing has been a wonderful outlet for me, and that's one reason why I started to blog specifically for this journey.
  • Do Something: Having a rare disease is not easy, so I imagined how scared others are too especially the newly diagnosed ones. I started a Facebook page dedicated on disseminating information on these rare diseases and the URGENT need for minority bone marrow donors. Please join my FB page here and help me share the information.
  • A Good Cry: Once in a while, a good cry is all it takes to ease a burdened heart.
  • Inspiration: I find inspiration in everything I do, see and feel. I post quotes all over our room so that I can read something encouraging whatever I'm doing.
Today, I share a quote from Maya Angelou. She's been a source of inspiration for me. Ms. Angelou is also dealing with COPD yet this woman is unwavering.

The ship of my life may or may not be sailing on calm and amiable seas. The challenging days of my existence may or may not be bright and promising. Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude. If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Super love this post. Continue to be strong. God knows your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariqia, Thank you. I will continue to be strong.

      Delete
  2. I admire your strength and you're an inspiration to me in different ways. Take care, Kayni.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wits, Thank you and I'm glad you visited.

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment.